Jean Bedard <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 10:41:10 -0400
At 01:04 -0400 00-06-03, with subject "HTML, Atachments", Barbara Passmore wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Last week I added two keywords, Language= NoHTML, and
>Attachments= No to the header of my list,  The reason for
>the NoHTML is obvious and is widely used.

Well, it's not obvious for me. Having misread the documentation, I thought that Language=NoHTML has the effect of getting rid of the HTML part of a multipart/alternative message, leaving only the plain text part. But I realized that a mail item sent ONLY with an HTML content was blanked off, so the subscribers received an empty message.

I am not sure this is what was intended with this keyword value, or at least, that's not the way I wanted to use it. Am I wrong? And if so, what is the purpose of this NoHTML value, I mean, what problem is it supposed to correct? And now, is there a way to filter the HTML part of a message, but only when it is a part of a multipart/alternative mail item?
--

Jean Bedard
Listserv Manager, Universite Laval