Hugh Jarvis <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Nov 1994 22:16:22 EST
Thought you all might be interested in this (very belated) tidbit.
If I recall corrrectly, the "cheat group" was surveying people on their
past cheating behaviour....
                           Hugh

> From:     Hugh Jarvis <[log in to unmask]>
> To:       [log in to unmask]
> Date:     Sun, 11 Sep 94 19:35:59 EDT
> Subject:  cheat group

>  Hi, can you please let me know if this "Cheat Group" is a legitimate
>  group at your school?  I own anthro-l to which they just posted their
>  survey on cheating and it looked fishy.  Thanks,
>                                                  Hugh Jarvis  owner anth
>**  ro-l

*** Resolved by: gelinas at: 11/01/94 12:05:05 ***

I apologise for the delay in responding to your query.  We are
currently working our way through a rather large backlog of
messages.

The group "Cheat Group" was apparently created by a member of the
University community.  The group was destroyed before we could
contact the owner, so we cannot say whether or not the intended use
was in pursuit of research.  I am sorry that we cannot provide more
information.

      Joseph L. Gelinas, Jr.       Postmaster Group, UMich