Bill Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:57:26 -0400
"LISTSERV list owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> wrote on
07/11/2006 12:27:01 AM:

> Hey Folks,
>
> My listserv, is small and runs on my inhouse server.
>
> I recently added a sonicwall tz170 firewall infront of the server box.
>
> I opened up ports 25 and 26 - But nothing seems to be happening.
>
> No messages on SMTP interactive of Listserv interactive.
>
> And I have not received any bounce back messages.
>
> Any thoughts as to what I forgot to do ?

Can you telnet to listserv on port 25?  If not, why not?  Are you sure 25
is open?  Does the mail show up in the logs in Listserv?  If so, does
Listserv show it being handed to the relay?  If so, what do the logs on
the relay show?

if your firewall is configured correctly, it should be transparent to
Listserv.