Jae Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Aug 1994 14:27:00 EDT
Eric, who ought to know after all, says:
> The MOVE command wasn't designed for "direct" use by list owners. It is a
> kind of tool used by the EXPLODE command: EXPLODE returns a job with MOVE
> statements that  you can submit to  LISTSERV to perform the  move. So you
> could try:

> EXPLODE listname (WITHOUT oldpeer PREFER newpeer

Well, I tried that, but there's obviously something I'm missing.
We're not trying to "peer" the list - we're trying to physically move
it from site a to site B, preferably without entering each
subscriber's data by hand.  We've got too many subscribers for that.

I'm working on getting back the ability to send/receive net.data
files, but at this point I can't do that so I can't just GET the list
membership from Site A and PUT it to Site B.

This looked so simple when I first analyzed it... *sigh*

Additional help gratefully accepted...

Here's what I got with my attempt to use Eric's suggestion - like I
said, I must be missing something important...