Jonathan Waggoner <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:01:32 -0500
Nathan Brindle wrote:

> Are you sure this is coming from LISTSERV?  This sounds like an error
> coming from the MTA, not from LISTSERV itself.

Hate to admit I'm a newbie, but what's MTA? The error message is listed
at coming from Listserv, so I assume that it is actually making it that
far. To be a little more specific, I run Listserv Classic 1.8d with
LSMTP 1.1b on a WIN NT box. The original message comes from my web
server with an altered <FROM> address to appear as the person wishing to
send the subscription command. It then bounces back to my server, which
sends it to the postmaster address as an error. The <FROM> on the
original error going back to the server is our listserv's address. Any
ideas?

Thanks!

Jonathan Waggoner
Web Developer (listserv maintainer newbie)
National Gardening Association
www.garden.org