Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 31 Aug 1996 12:29:35 -0700
Based solely on the information as given to us by Mr Pier-Solari, I still think
the reaction was not out of line.  If he had provided the background on the
company's behaviour, my reaction would have been somewhat different, and so
would that of others, I suspect.

In any case, I do realize that my posting on the subject was less than tactful.
I should know better than to compose anything in the mailer, especially at one
in the morning (or thereabouts).

I apologize to you, Mr Pier-Solari.  We may not agree on the level of control
necessary to run a good list, but I seem to have been out of line.  I do wish
you had explained the situation more fully, however.

Hmm.  It also occurs to me that, by forwarding the various ISP responses to
complaints re: spam, some of us may be guilty of that same breach of netiquette
of which we accused Mr Pier-Solari.

Ah, well.  So much for my application for sainthood.  I'll go use it to kindle
the fire in the barbeque, I think.

Mario Rups