Tue, 20 May 2003 13:51:07 -0400
Basically you need to HOLD your list, GET the digest, edit the post out,
replace the digest using a PUT command, and finally FREE the list.

I've sent the original poster the instructions via email so that he'll
actually have them before his digest is cut and distibuted. (Since
my posts are all moderated, I hoped to get the info to him in a
timely manner.)

Here are the instructions to remove a post from a digest before it is
issued:

Send listserv the command:
HOLD listname PW=your password

Then send listserv the command
GET listname DIGEST

When it returns the digest to you, edit out the post which was
accidentally put through to the list.

At the top of the edited digest type:
PUT listname DIGEST PW=yourpassword

You should get a message back from listserv immediately telling
you that the digest has been successfully put back.

After the digest has been successfully replaced, send listserv the
command:
FREE listname PW=yourpassword

You'll be back in business.

By the way, the message will still be in your archives, but it won't
go out with the digest. It will also be listed in the table of contents
at the beginning of the digest even though it's not there. I've never
heard of a way to delete it from the TOC.

There is a similar way to do the same thing with the archives logfile
which contains the post - if you feel you need to - and that's where
I suspect one could run into a problem.

maureen