Abi Admassu <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 10:36:36 -0700
We have been testing listserv.1.8a on our RS6000/AIX.3.2.5 server.  I just
upgraded to listserv.1.8b without no installation problem.  However I am
having problem creating new test lists and getting access to an old test
list.  To create the new list I followed the instruction given on the
installation manual for list creation: copied sample.list to TEST-L.LIST,
edited TEST-L.LIST, included myself as the owner, changed the ownership of
this list to listserv, followed the instruction to add the entries in
/etc/aliases, run newaliases, restarted sendmail, issued the command   mail
[log in to unmask] < TESTLIST-L.LIST.  Then I got the message from listserv:
You are not allowed to create new list.   I am also listed as the postmaster.

When I tried to get an old list using GET, listserv tells me that list has
been locked by me and to unlock it first.  When I use UNLOCK to unlock the
list, it tells me list has been unlocked.  Then I try GET again it tells me
to UNLOCK it first.  I am new to listserv and I am not sure what is going
on.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Abi