"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Mar 1993 05:46:44 CST
> then the user will be subscribed again. If the address has been set to
> nomail, then the SUB command will be processed as a name-change request
> and the user will still be set to nomail. I don't see any advantage to
> NOMAIL if subscription is open and the logs are public.

You have just convinced me to change my practice from setting NOMAIL to
sending the DEL command.  I hadn't thought about it this way.  I'm going
to send messages to my lists right now telling them about the change.
I'm also probably going to send the delete command from the account that's
listed in my dog's name so that he'll be the one blamed for such a seemingly
high-handed (high-pawed?) approach. :-)
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])