Thu, 1 Oct 1998 14:26:43 -0500
> I've been asked by one of my clients to conduct a training program for new
> list owners in their company. They  provide management services to various

Brian, I joined one list that was set up to do this, but it was run by an
autocratic, unethical, self important, authority [dont dare disagree with me
even if I ask for comments]  type .. so was no good at all.  What he was
teaching would guarantee so many complaints to the Postmaster and the
University it was scarey.

A bunch of us who had been on that list discussed this and we all felt the best
way to teach is by letting people do ... set up lists for the new listowners ..
with yourself [and other trusted, knowledgeable listowner volunteers] and let
them get hands on ... also a little newbie list where even the simplest
questions can be freely asked and discussed.

Good luck!

Cleo   [log in to unmask]
Don't let any fool tell you there's only one way.