Kimberly Long <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 20:24:19 -0600
At 08:41 PM 2/4/97 +0000, you wrote:

>[...]Lastly, I would be interested in hearing - by private email, please --
>if I am being unreasonable in expecting that I should be able to run a
>mail list without the list and its members being constantly harassed.

I used to think so, but not any more.  I've got a really sick individual
that has made a life out of trolling and harassing that is attacking
several of my lists.  You know the type, one of those that not only gets
nominated KOTM but wins.  FWIW, it's not only AOL that offers the "tools"
for these types of people.  I've found that the free email services (Juno,
HotMail, etc.) are havens for folks like this as well.  There are no easy
answers (at least that I have discovered) in dealing with this.

You know, at least with AOL they have to give up a credit card or checking
account # to obtain an account.  With the free services, anyone can sign on
repeatedly.
--
Namaste'

Kimberly Long