John Witherspoon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:23:15 EST
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 08:46:42 -0600 J. R. Lankford said:

>First question: For several days, now, we've been having delays in mail
>delivery of from 2-3 days, but it's sporadic.  Some mail comes through,
>some gets stuck.
>
>Are others experiencing the same?

I have found mail delivery times can vary widely.  For instance, sometimes
commands I've sent to my list come back in 3 minutes, and other times
they can take up to 8 hours.  It all depends on the workload your server
is under at certain times of the day.  Some system administrators insist
that list owners use the "primetime header line; this makes listserv wait
until pre-determined off-peak hours to process mail and commands.