Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:50:28 -0500
On 9/16/2004 1:33 PM, George Buckner wrote:

> I'd like to know whether it is easier for the listserv administrator to
 > rename the lists, or add the new and delete the old.  I recently requested
 > some lists to be renamed, but something still isn't working.
>
> The first problem is that the alias defined in the LIST-ID for the renamed
 > lists isn't working.  Mail sent to that address gets routed to the listserver,
 > which rejects the message as an unrecognized command.

When you add a List-ID statement to a list header file, you need to ask the
list server administrator to add list-related aliases for the new list name
to the list server's mail server configuration. Based on your description of
the problem, I would guess that the necessary aliases have not been created.

> The second problem is that, on these and a few other lists that weren't even
 > involved in this change, suddenly I am not allowed administrator access over
 > the web interface.  It tells me my login address doesn't allow access, though
 > it works fine with other lists, and they all allow my administrator access via
 > email.

Based on your description of the problem, I would guess that you have more
than one email address, that the address you use as your return address is
specified as an owner on these lists, but that the address you use to login
to the LISTSERV web page is not specified as an owner of the problem lists.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator