Sat, 12 Sep 1998 01:04:35 -0500
On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Stephen C. Nill wrote:
> Douglas Harwell (sic) wrote:
> >As an old foggy {sic}, please don't forget eamil {sic} management, which I
> much
> >prefer.  Do not  short email for web {sic}.

  The surname is Winship, not Harwell (sic).

>         There is absolutely no indication that the LSoft folks are "forgetting"
> email-based list functionality.

Sorry, I disagree.  The emphasis these days seems to be on the currently
popular "point 'n click" scheme as that is what sells, and if that is not
compatible with the old procedure which has been used forever, too bad.
The changes in this regard do not appear, to me, to be in the interest of
making a better product, but cattering to the current whims of the buying
public, with web/point 'n click taking precedence, as that is what sells.

As support evidence I give you AFD/FUI, an extremely useful feature.
It was promised that it would be "ported" very quickly.  We are still
waiting, because it does not "sell" so LSOFT isn't doing anything about
it, despite past promises.

I could go further but doubt I need to do so.  And do please forgive any
tipos (sic) introduced by my haste.

Douglas

  I rather think they've perfected it -- it