Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 May 1999 14:26:01 -0500
On Wed, 12 May 1999, Dennis Budd wrote:
>>No, it is confirmed from the New Address only.  Yes, the user must have access
>>to both addresses for this to be successful.
>
>I hate to spoil anyone's party here, but I just did this last night,
>and I just checked the confirmation cookie, and it was sent to my
>***OLD*** address.  The confirmation that the change had occurred was
>also sent to my old address.  The new address is actually an alias for
>this one, but checking both Listserv's "To" address and the routing
>information in the headers shows that Listserv sent both the cookie
>and the confirmation to *this* address, and not the new (as yet
>implemented on only one list) alias for it.
>
>The version of Listserv involved in this is still 1.8d Beta, not the
>1.8d release.
>
>Dennis Budd

A further note...I finally located my saved copy of the confirmation
message that I sent back to Listserv, and the "From" address in it was
my new address, not the old one.  I think that was accidental, not my
intent, but it conforms to the stated documentation.  Everything else,
including the confirmation being sent to my OLD address, stands as
written.

I'm not really inclined to try this again until I've changed my list
headers and am ready to run with the new address.  I knew I could get
away with posting from this old address to the list (which I own)
where I changed my subscription because this address is still defined
as the editor there.

Dennis