Steve Howie <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 15:05:23 -0500
On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Karen Strauss wrote:

> Also, I am interested in what posting policies that others have developed
> for their lists in regards to flaming, prayer, copyrighted materials, etc.
> and I'd really like to read the guidelines that others post to their lists.

I would publicy re-state the purpose of the group to your subscribers,
indicating that if people are unwilling to keep on track and post only
relevant material, their privileges will be revoked, and if they persist,
the list will be closed down. It's *your* list, not theirs. Also, make it
very clear that any nonsensical arguments about "First Amendment Rights"
giving people a carte blanche to post whatever they like are totally bogus
within the context of your list. If they don't like it - tough.

Scotty
Steve Howie                     email: [log in to unmask]
Netnews and Listserv Admin      fax:   (519) 763-6143
University of Guelph            phone: (519) 824-4120 x2556

If it's not Scottish its CRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP