"Lawrence B. York" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 16:19:55 -0400
On 16 Jul 97 at 15:51, Dave wrote:

> I have, so far, only figured out 1 way to rename a list without
> losing all the subscribers (thousands, in this case), and that is to
> basically copy listname.list to the newname.list, and add the
> entries into /etc/aliases manually.

   I am sending you via a seperate message a copy of a future text
update to the manuals describing the procedure to rename a list.

> I heard that there is some type of mass-add for users, but I haven't
> managed to find it yet in the webified manuals.

   The syntax for bulk-add is:

QUIET ADD listname DD=X IMPORT PW=XXXXXX
//X DD *
user1@host
user2@host
userN@host
/*

   No notifications are sent.  If you wish notifications sent you
must leave out QUIET and IMPORT, but must append full_names or an
asterisk "*" to every address.

Larry

Lawrence B. York
L-Soft International, Inc.