Bruce Dienes <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 14:09:20 -0600

> Date:    Wed, 25 Jan 1995 10:39:00 EST
> From:    "Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Allowing lists to post to lists...
>
> More experienced owners will need to reply BUT the syntaxes that you
> have chosen for ERRORS-TO, NOTIFY=, and EDITOR= are not consistent with
> the LISTKEYW MEMO or LISTKEYW DOC.  I don't know if that is confusing
> LISTSERV.  When referencing your QUAKER-M list in your headers, I
> *believe* the correct syntax is (QUAKER-M) -- parens are required.
> Further, I don't believe that you should suffix that with an FQDN of
> your Internet equivalent site of vmd.cso.uiuc.edu.
>
> Current kwds:
>
> * Editor=       [log in to unmask],(QUAKER-M)
> * Notify=       [log in to unmask]
> * Errors-to=    [log in to unmask]
>
> Possible replacements (test before making production):
>
> * Editor=       (quaker-m)
> * Notify=       (quaker-m)
> * Errors-to=    (quaker-m)

I made this change, and indeed the error messages are now distributed
directly to the subscribers of the Q-M pseudo-list.

Unfortunately, this distribution does not check whether or not
subscribers are set to MAIL or NOMAIL, it just goes to everyone.

Is there a way of specifying that only those set to MAIL receive such a
distribution?

Thanks!

Bruce Dienes
Quaker-L Quaker-P Quaker-M
--
Bruce P. A. Dienes                     Beware the iniquitous Disk Trolls!
Internet: [log in to unmask]