Aircastle Standard Poodles <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 16:58:32 -0500
We're one of the donated sites, so we run off of L-Soft's server.  I'm
honestly not sure which version we're using, but it's one of the more basic
ones.

Let me also add that we are VERY appreciative of L-Soft's policy toward us,
and appreciate the support they give.  Without them, Poodle-L might well not
exist.

David
Admin, Poodle-L

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Paul Russell
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 10:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Unwanted HTML

On 1/7/2005 9:15 PM, Aircastle Standard Poodles wrote:
> Douglas,
>
> I have Poodle-L set to "Language= nohtml", yet there are list members who
> are sending in HTML, and the listserv isn't stripping it back to plain
text.
> Is there something else I may have set wrong that cancels this command?

It sounds like the list is hosted on a server running LISTSERV 1.8d. In
1.8d, 'Language= NoHTML' applies only to messages that are sent as both
text and HTML. If the message is sent as HTML-only, it is distributed.

I believe that this has changed in 1.8e. I believe that 'Language= NoHTML'
will cause an HTML-only message to be rejected.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator