Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 00:13:12 -0600
On Fri, 28 Aug 1998 23:17:14 -0500, Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Sometimes one may not be sure which is the relative manual (refcard,
>keyword memo, etc.).  If you know that that your site was running
>1.8c beta for some time, but has installed at least some of 1.8d beta
>and LISTSERV at the site says it is 1.8c but for some things behaves
>like 1.8d, what is one to assume?  Nothing.  I take the pragmatic
>approach, if the 1.8d stuff works that is what it is for that part,
>where it does not work it is still 1.8c.

The *.memo files which are the 'online' versions are from the original 1.8c
release, now rather out of date and should be relied on with some caution.
They will be among the last things to be updated.

What URL are you using?  http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/index.html

>You got it anonymous ftp maybe?
>That would be much better than a "web presence."

Beta 1.8d manuals are at  ftp.lsoft.com/listserv/beta-1.8d/manuals-beta  in
Word6, RTF and PDF format only for now.

>Would you please print the manuals.

You don't have a printer?  The beta manuals are available as above and can be
printed by you.  Final distribution will include several other popular
wordprocessor formats for US and European A4 paper as well as Postscript and
plain ASCII.