Brian McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 May 1998 10:01:52 -0400
Here is a simple question that I would like addressed.  While examining the
lsv_out.log file, I came across this.  What does the Flags field mean?

File size  Usage  Flags  File name
---------  -----  -----  ---------

    1577k      1   U     $4$DKB100:[LISTSERV.MAIN]GLOBLIST.FILE

and this one;

25k     28     K   $4$DKB100:[LISTSERV.MAIN]DEFAULT.MAILTPL

One more thing.  I cannot find anywhere, in any documentation on-site or on
your web site about how to solve certain problems.  Listserv resides on  an
alpha with a VMS platform.  Sometimes I receive error messages but I do not
know how to get them resolved.  For instance, I do not know what this type
means;

Serious error occurred - traceback follows
>>> Error X'0028005B' updating file $4$DKB100:[LISTSERV.MAIN]L-AMNET.LIST
<<<
 -> Severity: Error
 -> Facility: LFxxx routines
 -> Abstract: File not opened in update mode
 -> I/O mode: Record read + update

Summary of resource utilization
-------------------------------
 CPU time:        0.040 sec                Device I/O:        9
 Overhead CPU:      N/A                    Paging I/O:        8
 CPU model:         AlphaServer 1000A 4/266 (256M)
 DASD model:        SEAGATE ST15150N

I cannot see any problems with the list itself.  My only guess is whether
or not listserv looks for the <listname>.list;1 file as opposed to the
<listname>.list;2 or <listname>.list;3 files.  I do not think this is it.
 I have been getting these messages more and more frequently and do not
know what to do.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Brian McNamara