"Hugh W. Jarvis" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:50:53 -0500
I just resubscribed to one of my lists to verify the "farewell" and
"welcome" messages. When I reset to the digest option, I began to receive
a radically different format of the subject menu. I used to get a nice,
clean little menu, with the subject lines of each thread, and the number
of messages for each thread (I think in parentheses). Now I receive the
following monstrosity:  :-(

   1    Shown   691 bytes  Message, "ANTHRO-L Digest - 1 Dec 1997 to 2 Dec
199
   1.1  Shown    10 lines  Text
   2    Shown   6.7 KB     Message, "my synoptic view (was Re: consciously
lim
   2.1  Shown   118 lines  Text
   3    Shown   1.4 KB     Message, "Re: Death and burials"
   3.1  Shown    25 lines  Text

Has anyone encountered this before, and better yet, have a suggestion for
how to revert back to the original format??

We run  LISTSERV V1.8c (beta) on a Sun (Sun Microsystems) SPARCstation 20
under SunOS Release 5.5 Version Generic_103093-03 [UNIX(R) System V
Release 4.0].

Thanks!!

        Hugh

- - - - - - - Hugh [log in to unmask] - - - - - - - - -
 ...tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to reply and
 remove all doubt...  (oops!)    http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~hjarvis
    -  unabashed rampant empiricist & geological opportunist  -