Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 23 Nov 2013 15:13:33 -0500
On: Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 09:57:34AM -0600,Jan Guthrie Wrote:

} We allow attachments to our list.  I have noticed that when an
} attachment (of a certain size) is sent to the list .. it triggers a
} "special issue" digest that will be sent immediately.   I have used
} this to send out "special announcements".
}
} The Message and the Special Issue Digest are sent out at the same time.

Jan, good idea.  In your list's header, what do the "Sizelim=" and
"Attachments=" parms look like?

And how do you make it big enough?  Pull in a pre-stored file containing
72 or 80 blanks on each line and tack it to the end?  Or just a bunch of
RETURNs at the end to get the number of lines high enough.

NB to those who don't know what I am talking about:
Sizelim= accepts 2 args:
Sizelim=nnn triggers on nnn lines, Sizelim=,xxxk triggers on total size
of message (including headers) exceeding xxx kb.  You can use either arg
or both.  This parm goes in the list's header.  For Jan's purpose, using
the nnn lines and a bunch of RETURNs at the end will save space in the
archives.

--
Rich Greenberg  Sarasota, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 941 378 2097
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67