Chris Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Sep 1993 09:28:54 -0600
This is a question that was raised on one of my lists, can anyone tell
me the answer? The topic was brought up when somebody who was not on
my list (a list for runners) wanted to survey the list about health
preferences and habits and sell the information to marketing companies
to try and raise money to help their grad students!!! I didn't think it
was a good idea...

> Krash has raised an interesting question. Does anyone "own" the rights to
> the reproduction of the drivel that we post here?  I know that the online
> services like Compuserve in fact retain the rights to the posts as if they
> were copyrighted, but they are commercial establishments.  Does Dartmouth
> or someone elso have the copyright on our posts or can anyone freely
> reproduce them? Any lawyers out there know the answers to this question?

Thanks for any info,

Christopher Mark Conn
listowner, DRS@DARTCMS1
Austin, Texas