"J. Lyle" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 May 1999 07:53:37 -0500
Several times in the past few months our daily error monitoring reports
have listed addresses that have generated as many as 400 bounces--even
though we're set for automatic deletion after 75. Can anyone explain to me
why ListServ doesn't delete these addresses as it does others? Here's the
latest, which I deleted manually this morning:

The following 16 subscribers are currently being monitored:

Err First Last  Address
                Last error: smtp; 550 <[log in to unmask]>... User unknown

Subscribers will be automatically deleted from the list when delivery errors
have been  reported for a  period of  12 days or  more, or when  75 delivery
errors have  been received,  whichever occurs  first. Monitoring  will cease
after 13 days without any reported error.