Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 09:12:40 -0500
|I think AOL might be having problems again (surprise suprise).  I just had
|a subscriber, who's messages were bouncing as above, so, like I always do,
|I set them to nomail,review.  Now, the notificiation that I changed her
|optinos (the automated responce from listserv) bounced as I expected, yet
|today, I get a note from this person, saying that they got my
|noticifaction, and asked why I had done so.  So, I recieved the error, yet
|they got the mail......AOL be screwed (and I have the mail proof to show
|it), or I am going nuts.

Similarly, I got one of those kinds of messages from an irate AOLuser.

What particularly gauls me is that I send administrivia from time to time
to the list membership indicating that we continually have to deal with
bounces (and HOW we deal w/ bounces).  I guess they don't engage grey
matter before they press the SEND key because obviously the administrivia
did NOT apply to them ;-)

(You might be going nuts anyways ;-))
--
mailto:[log in to unmask]          Tel: +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg;  University Park,  PA   16802-1202 USA