Sat, 9 Nov 1996 00:03:44 -0600
> Messages on my list normally are sent with the "Reply-To" header set to the
> list;  when recipients choose "reply", the reply is addressed to the list
> as a whole.  Yesterday, a subscriber (only subscribers can post) sent an
> advertisement where "Reply-To" was the same as "From";  any replies would
> go directly to him  My question is how did he do this and how do I prevent

It is easy to do with any number of mailers and there is nothing illicit
about it, and it can be quite useful when replies really should go only
to the individual rather than the list (surveys and such).

> future occurences?  Does a "Reply-To" header in the incoming message
> prevent listserv from sending a new "Reply-To"?

This is controlled by your list header with the reply keyword.  It
sounds like you want something like List,Ignore . Personally I really
like Both,Respect as it is very flexible, and I am in favor of that.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L