Peacenet Balkans Desk <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 19:24:04 -0500
At 03:28 PM 3/5/99 -0500, Pete Weiss wrote:
>Followup:
>
>Is your list's * DEFAULT-OPTIONS= set (appropriately)?

Well, I've got it set to REPRO, NOACK

I went back to ch. 5 of the manual, and the only thing that might be
relevant is MOME/NOMIME (sec.5.3.3), but the text implies that this
parameter is best left to the individual subscribers. In any case, I'm
concerned about readers whose attachments from the list don't go into their
download file, as mail from elsewhere does. People who always get
attachments as MIME, and know how to deal with them, are of no concern.

There's a line,

"In future versions, this toggle may control other MIME functions."

I'm reading the 1.8c manual, but my list is running on 1.8d beta. Is there
more to the story for 1.8d beta?  --  ed

----
Ed Agro, Peacenet Balkans Desk, Boston ([log in to unmask])