Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Jun 1995 11:11:11 PDT
On Wed, 7 Jun 1995 23:54:18 -0600, Bob Wier <[log in to unmask]>

> I've recently gotten subscribe requests such as the following...
> >User [log in to unmask] has requested subscription to list MC68HC11
> >If you approve, send the following request to xxxxxxxxx
> >system MC68HC11 xxxxx [log in to unmask] #SUBSCRIBE MC68HC11 LASZLO J. VETO
>
> Subscribe attempts have been made to all the lists at this site, including
> internal test lists. That, along with the subscriber name makes me highly
> suspicious of a spam being set up. I've denied all of them.

Either that, or some other net.loser is "forging" E-mail,
i.e., trying to masquerade as that user, and besmirch his reputation.

> So far, I've gotten no responses from e-mail queries. If anyone knows if
> this is a legitimate user, please drop me a line.

The host 'BCRSSU.AGR.CA' is a valid host.
E-mail to it is routed to the host 'GW.AGR.CA',
i.e., a machine within the "Agriculture Canada" branch of the Federal
Government of Canada.  Ask [log in to unmask] for additional assistance.