Jae Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 11:20:22 -0400
I've looked over the 18.c manual and can't find what I'm looking for
(though I realize that I might be missing it).  I'm hoping one of you
kind experts can point me in the right direction.

I keep getting bounce mesages for a subscriber who isn't on my list in
any way, shape or form.  I suspect that someone is forwarding their
subscription to that address, not realizing that the id being
forwarded *to* no longer exists.  You'd think they'd have noticed
they're not getting mail, but I have yet to figure out the mindset of
your average mailing list subscriber.

Unfortunately the domain in question is one of my largest.  What I'd
like to do is send a "probe" to every address in the domain, and the
ones that bounce will be my candidates.  However, all I can find in
the manual is how to set autodelete to use PROBE.  Because I'm a kind
and benevolent list despot, I have autodelete disabled so that I can
choose to set people to digest or nomail for temporary mailer
problems.

Is there a way I can instigate a probe message, either for the entire
list or for a domain?

Thanks

Jae Walker
Listowner, SW-RPG