"Rudolf Kies, PH.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 19 May 1996 18:03:14 -0700
Some kind and generous person on this list has helped me before with a
problem and I hope that someone has the answer (again)to the following:

I am the owner of a moderated list (see the list header below). When a
subscriber send his/her submission to the list, listserv obviously sends it
to me for approval - and to send it back to listserv for distribution.

Although the instructions that come with the article from listserv indicate
to resend using the "forward" button, (I use Eudora); listserv then will
strip out the instructions and distribute the article. That's how it should
work - ideally - but it doesn't.

First, the only button I can use - without inserting the (>) quote marks,
is "send again". All other buttons include the (>) quote mark and that is not
what I want...

Second, and the most important issue here, is that listserv will not accept
an article - either directly from the subscriber - or even if I return it,
if and when the "from:" line shows anything besides my name and address.

The result is that I am forced to pass on to the list only articles that
show my name and address - even if the article was submitted by a list
member.

To make it perhaps simpler, I need to set up this list whereby a submission
submitted to the mailing list by a subscriber is forwarded to me for
approval, the first step. The second step then is to send it back to the
mailing list with the author's name showing in the "from:" field. (The
reader needs to know where the article came from...)

Here is the list header, the way it is set up now. (Perhaps the problem lies
in the way the header is set up...)

* Errors-to= Owner
* Review= Owner
* Subscription= Open,confirm
* Send= Editor
* Editor= [log in to unmask]
*  List-ID= CLOAKS-AND-DAGGERS
*  List-address= List-ID
* Notify= Yes
* Reply-to List,respect
* Files= No
* Validate= No
* Ack= No
* X-tags= Yes
* Confidential= No
* Stats= Normal,Private
* Default-Options= Repro,shortHDR
* Notebook= Yes,B,Monthly,Public
* Mail-via= Distribute
* Auto-delete= Yes
* Renewal= 6-Monthly
* Sizelim= 200
* Daily-Threshold= 25
*
* List Information:             List Name: "Cloaks-and-Daggers"

I would be eternally grateful for any and all help, please.

Thank you.

Rudolf Kies, Ph.D.
Owner/Moderator
Cloaks-and-Daggers on <[log in to unmask]
<bit.listserv.cloaks-daggers>