Charles Clausen <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 12:48:44 -0700
> On Aug 22, 2016, at 11:32 AM, Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> I never noticed the trashcans, probably because my window is too narrow. But it's good to know I can delete a message in the rare event I'd want to do so.

The listowner trash can feature is optional, and your site administrator may have decided not to implement it. Our group helped to beta-test version 16.0 before it was released, and initially we had the trash can feature, but the guy who is boss of our organization had concerns (I think probably groundless) about legal implications of censoring content, and asked LSoft's Ben Parker to remove it - which he did.

I believe there is still means for listowners to delete messages from the archives by means of email commands, but we have been told that it is extremely tricky, and can throw all kinds of things for your mailing list out of whack if it is not done properly. My guess is that the trashcan feature manages to avoid messing things up?

Charles Clausen
ppml-info.org