jason and jill <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:52:04 -0400
You are assuming his listserv site DOES archive that far back (many
don't, even university sites.  I have a list hosted at Brown with about
a year's worth of archive space give the list's monthly traffic.  Every
couple of months I have to delete old archives.  Also, lsoft, for
example, charges a monthly fee for archive space, so certainly a free
commercial concern archiving the list would save the listowner money.
For six years of archives a free archiving service could save the
listowner $30 or more a month.

Jason