Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:09:39 -0300
I'm beginning to suspect that my subscriber was confused about
the reason for this.

>> But if there is such a law, or if more than one paranoid
>> legal department is reading it that way, it's likely to be a
>> serious problem.
> Spammers must be loving it, if this is indeed a requirement.
> Just think, automatic confirmation of valid addresses. Woo Hoo!!!

I think they _already_ love the way nearly every commercial mail
program invites you, first thing, to set up an autoresponder
every time you walk away from your computer. (I keep telling my
subscribers not to use them, but since Bill's telling them
they're cool, I don't get heard.)

-- Russ
St. Thomas University
http://www.StThomasU.ca/~hunt/