Randy Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 08:58:09 -0700
There seems to be a bug in the wildcarding option for changing subscriber
options now.

It used to be that if you issued a command:
> set * <option> for user@ipaddress

that you get a response for the all the lists you were listowner of and that
the user was subscribed to, in addition to notifications of lists the user
is subscribed to, but you weren't listowner for.

Now it seems that the listserv is attempting to notify you regarding all
lists, or at least a huge subsample of lists before giving up

Example:
>MIDI-MAG: Some of the options you specified are restricted to list owners.
>No option will be changed for the MIDI-MAG list.
>
>(note - the request originated from [log in to unmask])

and I got a separate command confirmation request from a list that I'm not
suscribed to.

I also tested changing an option for an email address that isn't subscribed
to any of the list and receivied a notification from one list requestion
command confirmation.

> show license
License type:    Permanent
Expiration date: None - perpetual license
Capacity:        Unlimited
Product options: HPO
Version:         1.8d
Serial number:   STJOHNS-VM-TESHPO-1T