Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 14:48:46 -0400
I am a quiet listowner on the DorothyL list.  Yesterday I tried to
scan a subscriber's name and got back the response:

>You are not authorized to scan the DOROTHYL list. You need REVIEW
>privileges in order to  be allowed to scan  a list. Check the "Review="
>keyword in the list header.

So I sent in REVIEW DOROTHYL SHORT got the header and found that
REVIEW was to OWNER.

Thinking that the singular form was the cause of the problem I asked
the primary listowner to reset it to: REVIEW= OWNERS, which she did.
I then repeated the scan and got back the exact same response.

How does the header have to be defined so that a quiet listowner can
do REVIEW, QUERY, and SCAN.

Judith Hopkins                          Phone:  716 645-2796
Central Technical Services              FAX:    716 645-5955
University at Buffalo                   E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Buffalo, NY  14260-2200
        Listowner of [log in to unmask]
        QUIET LISTOWNER OF [log in to unmask]

    The views expressed are my own and not those of the University or the
University Libraries.