"Steve Traugott [UUs-L]" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 5 Mar 1992 10:20:48 EST
Here's an interesting one; one of my list members pointed this out to
me:

> To: Multiple recipients of list UUS-L <UUS-L@UBVM>

That's what LISTSERV is sending out on messages that he's getting.
No '.BITNET', no '.cc.buffalo.edu', or any other variation.

He said he was getting bounces from "the address in the header"
whenever he tried to send something to the list.  It took a while
for me to figure out what he was talking about, because the messages
*I* get have this on them instead:

To: Multiple recipients of list UUS-L <[log in to unmask]>

I've told him to use the address in the Sender: header for a return
address for the list.  It's coming through fine.

He wants to go bug the postmaster at UBVM to get this "fixed", and
I'm saying "no, no, don't do that", but I'm sort of at a loss to know
what if anything to tell him besides that, or what if anything I
might do.  Grepping the LISTSERV docs for 'To' didn't give me
anything discussing this.  Is there a To= header keyword?

Any ideas?  Is this really even "broken" in the first place?

Steve