Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 00:13:28 +0200
On Wed, 5 Apr 1995  15:05:19 -0500 Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>Am I the  only person getting all LSTOWN-L mail  in duplicate? It's been
>happening to me for the past several days.

Several people have  reported this problem and it happened  when I made a
number  of serious  changes in  SUNET's  setup. These  changes cannot  be
reversed because they have to do with  putting the load on a machine that
can  handle it.  There have  been  several other,  unrelated changes  for
totally unrelated reasons.  Now what I most need to  know is whether this
always comes in 2  copies or whether more than 2  copies are possible. IF
YOU'VE BEEN GETTING TWO COPIES, DO NOT LET ME KNOW ABOUT IT! PLEASE REPLY
ONLY IF  YOU'VE BEEN GETTING THREE  OR MORE. Sorry for  shouting, but the
last thing I need is 250 new messages in my mailbox that all tell me what
I already know :-)

The  duplicates, for  what it's  worth, happen  either between  SEARN and
SEGATE or between SEGATE and the new machine LISTMAIL.SUNET.SE, which now
handles all  of the traffic  from [log in to unmask] The  "Received:" fields
make it  clear that LISTMAIL  is getting two  copies from SEGATE.  I have
enabled some traces and will do some more testing in the morning.

  Eric