Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 May 1996 23:47:49 -0700
I did a little testing, and think I answered my own question.
If the list is Send= Editor,Hold then you get two Approved-By headers.
If the list is Send= Editor (not Hold), then you get just one.

I guess it has to do with the fact that a Hold message can't be changed
by the Editor so you can assume that the authour would approve of it,
whereas the message of a nohold list can be changed by the Editor
and no such assumption about the original author's approval can be made.

Right, Eric? If so, very nice subtlety --typical of what I would expect
from LISTSERV.
Peter