Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 16:45:00 -0500
> Could someone briefly update me on changing a password for my list?
> I have to get my header, then command
> PW Change newpw PW=oldpw
> Anything else?

You've just described the procedure for changing your *personal*
password, not your list password.  They are separate.

To change your list password you must GET the header of your list, enter
a new line that defines the new password by entering the keyword

   PW= new_password

and then PUT it back using the old password (for the last time).  Notice
that the PW= keyword must be followed by a blank as with all keywords,
unlike the PW= option at the end of a command which must have no
intervening blank.

-- Roger Burns    [log in to unmask]