Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 10:44:36 -0600
On Sat, 11 Jul 1998 11:24:07 -0400, Andrew Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>If I create BOTTOM_BANNER templates for all of the lists, what will
>members of the main list see on a posting that was originally sent to
>one of the sub-lists?  Will they see the original sub-list banner,
>the mail oist banner or, heaven forbid, both?

Can't say without knowing how the lists are related to each other.  What
you have described is not the same as the normal LISTSERV sublist mechanism
(which works from top-down not bottom up as you seem to be describing).  Is
each list subscribed to the master list or what?  This will determine the
path a message takes and which/how many bottom banners appear to which
subscribers of which list(s).

Really you can figure this out yourself by just mentally following a
message from origin through each additional list to all possible
subscribers.  If a message passes through 2 lists with bottom banners, then
yes, some subscribers will get 2 banners.