"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Sep 1997 12:59:24 -0400
>One of my list members keeps getting attachments on posts.  Some of them are
>even on posts that she sends.  I do not see these on the list, so I am thinking
>it must be
>her mail program.  Is there something that she could change in her mail
>program? Any ideas?
>Thanks!
>++++++++++++++++++
>>From one of my list members:
>  I use the mail program that comes with Netscape.
>  I've gone back over a few of the posts randomly and found the following
>messages with these attachments at the bottom:

>                                Name:  ATTRIBS.BND
>        Attachment 2            Type:  application/octet-stream
>                            Encoding:  Base64

It could be your mail program as well.  In fact, the first thing I
questioned was whether or not you were using Microsoft's lovely Rich Text
Formatting option in Microsoft Exchange, but noting that you are not using
that hidious Microsoft product, it may be a quirk of the e-mail system your
subscriber is using.

I am using the VMS operating system using All-In-1 as my mail program, and
thus I ALWAYS have attachments at the bottom of messages describing how my
messages got to me.  Quite handy for tracing errors with...but your
problem seems different.

We have seen ATTRIBS.BND stuff before on this list, but I do not know if
the question was ever answered as to what the problem was.

Glenn Alperin