Hamilton Dexter <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:09:44 -0700
-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Stan Horwitz
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 7:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Am I missing something?

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Hamilton Dexter wrote:

> Thanks all, for the answers.  But it appears my worst fears have been
> confirmed: I am not missing something - there is no manual index.  It
almost
> seems that LSoft is going out of their way to make the program a little
> tough to use by providing substandard documentation.  Curious marketing
> strategy.

The most useful portion of the manual is the keywords section. If you
haven't yet read through it, you should definitely do so. The keywords are
largely what drives Listserv lists.

Thanks for illustrating my point, Stan.  Having to do this is a work-around
solution that requires the user to adapt to machine language mentality
documentation, which is substandard, and these days, unprofessional. Compare
this with a selection on a GUI pull down menu "List concealed subscribers"
or "List suspended* subscribers"  Perhaps this is what LSoft,or some OEM is
working on rather than bothering with indexing obsolete organized docs.

*Note the use of standard English "suspended", as opposed to "NOMAIL" which
is keyword computer slang/geek-ese.

Ham