Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 16:07:45 MST
On Thu, 20 Jun 1996 00:52:14 +0200 Nicolas Graner said:
>I don't agree with this analogy. The reason why sys admins typically don't
>tell their users the address has changed, is that users can still _receive_
>mail sent to the old address. So, admins can't imagine there would be any
>problem. They don't realize that for a mailing list the _outgoing_ address may
>be important.

I won't quibble over the relative merits of the analogies....but I will say
that sys admins who handle mail systems DAMN WELL OUGHT TO KNOW ABOUT LISTS
and such.  Of course sys admins are generally trained to be service or
customer oriented, though that seems, in general, to be improving.

But since those not-so-smart sysadmins aren't around here, I'll quit
preaching to the choir.

cyclops