Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Apr 1994 17:04:26 -0500
> when one of my list members tries to reply to a message from the list
> (Family-L), the reply bounces to me as an error message instead of getting
> posted to the list.  It looks to me this is because his mailing software
> includes a copy of the header of the original message in the reply.  is
> this true, and what can I do about it (except manually forward his bounced
> message to the list)?

        You could

        1) (if the old header is editable) suggest that the poster learn how
to delete it or add >s directly in front of each line, with no space
between the > and the header

        2) tell the poster that instead of using the reply feature, he/she
should start a new message

        3) In addition to the above, tell the poster to complain to the
computer support people about the mail program they're using.  Every now
and then, that does some good, especially if lots of people complain.

        Joan Korenman, WMST-L Listowner   KORENMAN@UMBC
        Univ. of MD. Baltimore County     [log in to unmask]
        Baltimore, Maryland 21228-5398