Carl Reimann <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Oct 1993 19:01:00 -0400
Is this disclaimer effective? Does it say what it should? Does it seem
sloppy?

can control the use made or destination of your posts, you are mistaken.
I am powerless in this regard, and I will not be held responsible for
anything that happens with any post to <listname>.

How about the one below?

However, there is no single body of applicable law, given the
international nature of our list. Additionally, there is no mechanism
by which I can control where information is sent, nor how it is used,
after it is posted to the list. Therefore I will not be held responsible
for any end use of any post to <listname>.

Carl <[log in to unmask]>