Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:46:15 -0500

|2)  Eventually we will have alot of lists contained within our server.
|The naming of lists is going to become rather difficult after time and
|do not want to use a LISTNAME that is already in use by another company.
|Therefore, are there any steps we should be thinking of taking to ensure
|that this doesn't happen, and that anyone else does not use a name that
|we use.  Are there any legal implications that I should be aware of
|regarding the naming of a list?

There is lots of debate about using proprietary names for *anything*
including, but not limited to, listname, domain names, computer names, or
anything that might find itself in the public domain.  Another obscure
thing to consider, especially for international lists, is what/if your
list's name means in foreign languages.

You probably should be able to show some due diligence: search the
various lists of lists, domain names, company name indicies.

Just my 0.02 non-denominated units.

/Pete Weiss at Penn State