Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 19:37:22 -0700
Ben Parker wrote:

> It is possible, by setting daily, and by adjusting the #lines parameters
> to 'force' several digests per day on a very busy (high traffic) list.

Yes, exactly.

Once knew a list where the owner, quite new to the job, DID try to adjust the
parameters for the sake of *several* users who complained.  Made a slight
mistake, though: meant to set the line count to 1,000; ended up setting it to
1, instead.

As it happens, the listserv didn't chop up the messages into one line segments,
but it DID send each message received right back out again as an individual
digest.

That, I suppose, would be the ultimate in yielding to the wishes of those who
complain about the length of digests ...

>  Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]

Mario Rups