Russ Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:31:46 -0500
Hi again guys,

I finally got my bottom banner working (in test mode at least) thanks
mainly to Jane Lyle with some helpful advice from Russ Hunt.  Thanks
guys!  But as solutions generally present more problems, I've got another
question for the group...

How do I provide an EASY, USER FRIENDLY sign off capability for my
subscribers?  In my bottom banner I would love to have a link which say
something like "Sign off the list".  And then the response would be little
else than "Are you sure?"  If they said yes, poof, they're unsubscribed
immediately.

I've read through the mail templates and can't find any obvious solution to
what I know is a common problem.  One thing I know I do NOT want to ask
anyone for is a password.  That freaks everyone totally out.  I'd get more
questions on this than I would the original sign off problem.  That
password requirement should be for list owners only to get to protected areas.

As I'm sure most of you list owners already know, most of my (our)
subscribers are subject matter experts or students, etc., and 99.9% of them
are totally clueless about listserves.  Right now I'm pointing them to an
off-site help file or the "Join or leave the list (or change settings)"
page which requires a password to continue.  (At least it says it
does.)  Both those solutions are lousy.  Surely there's a better way...

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Russ

Dallas, Texas