Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:26:29 -0700
On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:32:59 PST, Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>According to the owners manual (1.8c), when the limit is exceeded,
>Listserv sends a note that the limit has been exceeded.  On another list
>that recently went over, that I am just a subscriber, thats exactly what
>happened.  On Sibernet,  not only did my post not go thru,  I got an
>incorrect note from Listserv saying that the owner had held the list.
>Not so.  There are 2 non-quiet owners, and neither held the list.

Nevertheless the list is HELD, that is what happens when the Daily-Threshold is reached.  Any owner may FREE it.  All non-quiet owners should have received a notice that the list was held.  But, if
you are a non-quiet owner, and you are writing from an Owner= address, this is one of the times LISTSERV does not always issue you the Owner's "list is held" message because it 'knows' you have also
already got a "your message is delayed because the list is on hold" message (normal message for any subscriber) and assumed you are smart enough to figure it out.